Tuesday 18 August 2015

Photographs

Yet again another busy weekend. This time it involved a trip to my dad's home and meeting up with my sister. Sadly we don't often get to meet, but it's always special when we do. The three of us went out for a pub lunch and then spent the afternoon in the attic!


Now my dad has designed his attic as somewhere to store items not used very often. He has loft boards on the floor, carpet, made wooden units for the storage and chairs to sit on! Wow so what were we three doing up there with cups of tea? We were looking at old photographs. We saw lots of mom and dads old holidays after I had left home. Then after several hours we eventually found an album with some pictures of us sisters.


Here I am being bottle fed by one of my parents friends. I have a vague recollection of the blow up dog, dingo.


Don't know how old I am but it looks as if my grandma had been busy knitting this jumper. Also didn't realise that I had such chubby cheeks.


Here I am on a donkey, on holiday in Skegness or Weymouth. I loved having those sun hats.


School photographs. Apparently once when the school photographer came I said I also had a brother as well as a sister. The staff went hunting for this lad only to discover that I had got confused and thought that the boy I walked to school with was my brother!


Meanwhile whilst I am busy enjoying myself Mr P was busy cutting shrubs down and came across this nest. What amazed us was the way that the birds had weaved in bits of plastic bags, straw, mud and the green netting is from the divide I use to keep our chickens from accessing the whole garden. These birds are true craftsmen.


Finally finished my Fern shawl designed by Tiny Owl Knits. I am really pleased with my shawl. I then went onto having fun draping it in the bushes!



I shall be looking forward to autumn to be able to wear this shawl. I used double knitting wool but where there is the fern pattern the wool is double thick so it feel very warm across your back.


Have also finished another dress. This time I used a different pattern - Dottie Angel Dress, Simplicity pattern.


Yesterday I wore it to a wedding, was a little scared that some of the sewing would mysteriously come undone - but I needn't have worried.


Wedding on a Monday felt very strange and I'm sure the rest of the week is going to feel as if I'm on the wrong day. Mr P got asked to play the keyboard and I was asked to play my flute for the ceremony, this was such a privilege. Have to say I was rather scared as I had a microphone attached to my flute so that ALL could hear me clearly. Not so good if you make a mistake, but I don't think I did. The weather was gorgeous and after the ceremony we headed off to a gorgeous venue.


Pimms were served.


Inside was a lovely restored barn decorated with pretty fairy lights, flowers, blossoms, buntings.


We enjoyed a delicious meal - including a proper roast beef dinner - gigantic Yorkshire puddings.


Well it was a wonderful wedding and all too soon we had to head down south as both Mr P and I needed to go to work today. I'd like to wish them all the best for their lives they have ahead of them.

Thanks again for popping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment