Wednesday 5 November 2014

Oh Dear!

That is how I am feeling right now. The wedding is catching up with me now. Working full time and being out every night has caught up with me. The batteries are running very low! Thank goodness for caffeine! Thank you to whoever invented tea. I forget that I'm not a teenager and think I can still keep going all day. Tonight I know I must make beds and sort of  tidy because tomorrow all three grand babies are coming with their mummies and daddies! I've a feeling they'll be having rather simple meals this weekend - sorry guys!  Oh also in between work and going out I am still busy working on a project for a Christmas present - sorry no pictures and no clues.


Found time to make myself one of my favourite dishes - Sicilian chickpea stew with bulgar wheat. It was supposed to have yoghurt on the top but I didn't have any. Recipe is Jamie Olivers, from his book Save with Jamie. I love the flavours - olives, butternut squash, chickpeas, coriander etc etc.


This is not my work but a young girl who comes to the craft group. She started crocheting this scarf a year ago and then put it down - with the help of some wise ladies she managed to get started again and finish it in time for a Christmas presie. She did really well, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin with this pattern.


Woke up this morning to the first frost! What a change in temperature from last Saturday! I like the frost - reminds me that Christmas is on the way.


The plants in my porch have not caught up with the chilly temperatures and are still flowering. Well I'm slightly more awake and I need to get ready for work. Bye folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment