Wednesday 23 April 2014

Drama In The Village

Drama 1.
Mr P got up very early to drive to Scotland and I realised I was awake so I got up put the washing on and made myself a cup of tea to take back to bed. The next thing I know is it is 9.20am!!!!!!! Aargh I never lie in till this time, it's all wrong, half the day has gone. Mr P had even left me two messages on the phone and my mobile, saying he'd arrived safely and was starting the first munro! So I try to make amends by trying to speed along my dopey body. That was my first drama.
Drama 2
The second came as I was hanging out the washing. I heard something break and when I look across the road I can see broken glass.


These are shards of glass - they looked like something out of Midsomer Murders. Went to see the farmer and he said he had just walked into the barn and disturbed a pigeon who decided to go through a pane of glass! Can't see a dead bird so am presuming it survived its kamikaze flight.


Drama 3
Was speaking to my friend Mrs A. She has been very unwell and I felt so bad not having been around to support her. I won't go into the details of her illness, as that's not fair on her to publicise it but all of you as you read this please could you pray that she gets better soon. This weekend is Mrs A's birthday and she's supposed to be having a special weekend in London. I kind of reckon if we all pray God will get fed up of listening to us all, sort of being nagged and will make Mrs A better.


Have decided that today has been a day of not doing what I have planned to do. One was o be up early, second decision was to make a walk to Lowick to get a bottle of wine and come back home to do some crochet. Well I set off in glorious sunshine, enjoying walking from my home into new paths.


Enjoying seeing the wildlife, these pretty primroses growing in one of the many woods full with pheasants. The advantage of walking alone is that the wildlife doesn't hear you so well and so I get to see more.


So nice to see different views not that far away from the cottage.


Now my plan was to head towards Lowick but I could see Doddington Moor in front of me and so thats where I headed for.


Got excited when I saw this view as I recognised it as Ford Moss Reserve, which I have walked around many a time.



Having walked across these moors I climb over a stile to see this notice.


It was a bit late to have this info, would have been useful if there'd been the same notice at the other end of the footpath!


Vicious looking sheep!

Drama 4
Time for another drama. I'm happily walking my merry way when suddenly I spot at my feet a SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was too shocked to take a photograph. Thankfully it slithered away and only then did I think about a picture.

Here is a free image of the adder I saw. It was not as big as this, must have been a teenager!

Anyway after that close encounter I kept a firm eye of where my feet were treading!


Saw lots of butterflies - peacock above. Also saw tortoiseshell butterflies, common whites and maybe a gatekeeper(didn't stay still long enough to be identified).

Well I'm not sure how far I walked, but I never made it to Lowick as my feet were aching and I didn't fancy adding an extra mile and a half for a bottle of wine. Have had a bath, feet rested and am waiting for Mr P to come home. Sadly he only managed to walk up the first munro. As he tried to ascend the second munro the weather deteriorated and visibilty was nil, plus the path had disappeared under SNOW! I know he will be disappointed to complete only one, but he did have to go up it twice in order to get back to the car! But I am proud of him for doing the sensible option of leaving the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment