Monday 16 December 2013

Busy, Busy Bee

Golly the last week has flown by. I started the week with a cold that I probably got from Mr P - but I couldn't let it takeover my life as there was too much work to do. I did cancel the craft group as I did not think it would be very fair me spreading all my bugs onto them. So what have I been up to?

Obviously I went to work (full time). Monday I bought a Christmas tree from a farm.


Also at the farm they left a large sack of holly and Christmas tree bits to help yourself too! Mr P bought me some roses instead of chocolate for my advent calendar. He's such a sweetie. I love putting flowers in this coffee pot.



 
 Tuesday night busy making Christmas presents. Wednesday evening was choir. We started next years projects - should be an interesting concert, but more of that another time. Thursday took the Christmas tree back to the farm! Decided it was far too small! The farm were really good and let me get another tree! Thursday evening I finished dad's Christmas cake.


I always try to make his a grown up version of a snow effect - as I am rubbish at doing proper icing. Under the icing is masses of marzipan as dad adores it.

Friday was the works Christmas do at Mansah.  Here you get to eat all you like Indian food followed by a disco.

Saturday Mr P and I did some jobs in the morning  and then in the afternoon we went to Redditch to visit my father-in-law who had been admitted to hospital the previous night. At this stage not too sure what is going on but is being treated for an infection. So hopefully he will be on the mend soon and well enough to go away for Christmas. Then in the evening we were out with my dad and extended family for a meal. It was soo nice to see all especially my sister, hubby and grown up children. We don't often see each other so there is always lots to catch up on. Great night out and Mr P and I crawled into bed at 12:15 - very late for us!

Sunday up early in time to drive the minibus for church, played my flute for the service, drove the people home. Two whole hours at home and then out again!  This time out with some girls to Calke Abbey to hear Derby Bach Choir sing Handel's Messiah. By the time I got home I collapsed onto a comfy chair - tried to watch a Midsummer Murder with Mr P. I had to give up near the end because my eyes just could not stay open.




Also I have been trying to get through a few more cookbooks.









Golly this book is old.

As we had this mid week I opted for a gentler fondue rather than a really heavy one. Cannot remember when we last had a fondue. 


Note we had it in a Swiss pot!








I love the cover of this book but sadly this is all I really like. I struggled to find things to cook from this book. Hence we ended up doing the mash potato recipe with good old bangers (pork sausages).

Finally I managed another book Saturday morning.











This is another very old book, with some rather good recipes but they do require a lot of attention. Not quick easy recipes.




Opted for these biscuits. They had a good flavour but very crumbly.



























So how near am I to my goal.......................................................


119 books used. 8 books to go. 14 days to go to the end of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment