Sunday 17 November 2013

Farewell Hercule Poirot.

Now if you do not live in the UK then you will not be aware that David Suchet who plays the role of Hercule Poirot has just finished filming the last four episodes of Agatha Christie.  A few days ago the final case was shown and we all knew he was going to die! On that night I was at choir practice and could not watch it, so Mr P taped it for me. Then it was with fear and depression that I sat down to watch the film on Thursday night. I did not want my David Suchet to ever end, but there are no more cases for him to film:( I think he is the best ever person to play the character. Mr P went out to the kitchen and came in with the kitchen roll! I tried to busy myself with some crochet to take the emotional pressure off. I have to say it was brilliantly done and thankfully the producers did not make it highly charged - I would never have coped. But I believe there  was an article that said they filmed this episode first out of the last four cases because David Suchet and the crew also could not cope with all the emotion and wanted to finish filming with him still alive:)


REST IN PEACE HERCULE.

OK now that I have been ridiculous time to talk about reality! Started a little crochet project inspired by my favourite blogger Lucy from  Attic 24. Snowflakes for Christmas.



Lucy is very generous and shares her pattern on her bIog and with a pictorial guide too! Click HERE for the pattern.

My mind is very much preoccupied with the coming week. It's going to be a rather busy, mad, manic but wonderful time ahead. Our friend from Switzerland is coming to visit for six days - whoopee! She wants to see the new arrivals (3 babies). We decided because our family is scattered across the country that it would be easier for them ALL to come home for the weekend. That seemed a good idea at the time but it does mean that we shall be having eleven adults, three babies and one dog under one roof for seven days!

Mr P and I spent the whole of yesterday cleaning! Shocking isn't it - if I was a better housewife this would not have to happen! But a leopard can't change its spots or whatever the expression is! Mr P spent hours restoring the cooker to a colour that I'd forgotten! It looks so lovely now and I did not want to cook last night - fearful that I would make it messy! The dustbin men probably are not going to be happy on Tuesday! The dustbin is sooooo heavy and I have soooooo many bags with recycling! Glad I'm at work and won't have to hear them moaning and groaning!


Do you think I've got enough?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Finally just started baking - they look rather anaemic but they are small apple cup cakes with a cinnamon crumble on top.


I now need some time to restore my energy for the week so farewell my friends and I wish you all a very good week, and that you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment