Monday 19 August 2013

Uniquely Created

I just love the way that  we have all been created individually. We all look different, have varying likes, some thrive with company others strive for their own company. Sometimes I wonder how Mr P and I ever got together when his passion is sport, especially football, and I cannot stand it. Bless him when we first started going out he paid for me to have a good seat at The Villa ground - what did I do - read magazines! But married we did and almost 35 years later he still loves sport and I carry on ignoring it, but we do have lots of other things in common.

Some time ago an acquaintance came to visit, along with family members and friends. We had been discussing varying different interests. Then this acquaintance's partner shared their hobby. The response was "well are you going to be one of those people  who pin flags on a map?"  It was at this point there was silence in the room followed by giggling. Then just to wind this acquaintance up questions were asked what they thought about people who pin maps. This was then followed by my world map coming out with many pins! Much laughter was heard.

Yes I have a world map as since I started blogging I have been intrigued by where people have been reading it. This has improved my geography no end! I get sooo excited to see a new country. In fact those of you who are observant will notice my new flag counter. Isn't it great that we are all so different and some of us are just brilliant at putting our foot in at regular intervals! Where would we be if we were all perfect and liked and did everything the same.




Argentina
Australia
Austria
Bahrain
Belarus
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
France
Germany
Guatemala
India
Indonesia
Iran
Italy
Ireland
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Latvia
Libya
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Netherlands
New Zealand
Pakistan
Philipines
Poland
Romania
Russia
Saint Lucia
Serbia
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Thailand
Ukraine
United States of America
Venezuela




I love people who are just so clever with words and have a good sense of humour. This picture was sent to me yesterday, with the heading "complaint made from Bristol".



No comments:

Post a Comment