Tuesday 13 August 2013

Preparing for Nemo's 1st Stay in Leicester

I wasn't quite expecting this event to be happening this weekend - but it is. So I made a mad dash to a charity baby gear shop and bought a travel cot. Last night I spent some time moving furniture around in a spare bedroom to accommodate the new visitor.


New changing mat - these have not changed since my children were babies. So the design has obviously stood the test of time.


My £2.50 baby bath full with cleaning gear!


Second hand play mat that my daughter acquired.


Basket of baby toys - maybe a little premature to get this out, but it won't be too long before they will be needed.


Bargain travel cot at £20.


The yellow quilt was given to us when we lived in Dallas for a year. No 2 was born out there and No 1 was only a toddler at the time. Even the baby blanket came from Dallas. You can just see also hanging a pink sheet. Now that came when we bought the cot(2nd hand) 30 years ago! The owner made a whole load of cot sheets - I bet she never anticipated them still being in use after all these years. Kirsty Allsopp would be proud of me - recycling still.


Love the dog hanging in the corner.


Final view of the room all ready for the first visit. Also No 2 and his wife - carrying the twins are planning on staying the weekend. Dad also coming for half of the day to have a glimpse of his first great grandchild. Me thinks I'm going to be rather busy!

1 comment: