Friday 2 August 2013

Pre Granny

Oh boy I am struggling to think about any thing else. When No 3 announced the news that she was pregnant I was delighted but also I kind of went strange.   I knew she was planning on having a baby so perhaps that took away some of that euphoria, but I was rather confused at my own anaesthetised feelings. It took a few weeks before things changed. This numbing wore off the minute No 2 announced that his wife is expecting twins. Then I became what I think a granny to be should feel. Something in my brain melted away and the euphoria took over. Out I went buying bits and pieces and also started knitting.

Now as the day draws very near I am starting to get nervous and very excited. I have to say goodbye to my little girl because she will be a mommy herself. What sort of grandma am I going to be? Will I remember how to hold a baby or change the nappy? How will it work out being one set of grandparents? Will I be a good grandma and not interfere, just be there when needed and no more. Will I be in love with my grandchild like other grandparents who seem to go gaga over theirs, dragging out their huge photo albums from their handbags!

Well tomorrow she goes into hospital because Nemo is refusing to come out under his own steam. Either tonight or tomorrow morning I am driving to Bristol to be there - got to pack my bag, with fully charged camera.

So hopefully next time I add a posting I will be a grandma and will be like many others with my handbag full of pictures.

But here are just a few lovely quotes that I found:

Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting - Author unknown.


Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies - Author unknown.


 A house needs a grandma in it - Louisa May Alcott.

Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric - Pam Brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment