Thursday 30 May 2013

Challenge Update

Well it's been a while since I updated you all on my challenges. Probably because I haven't been doing very well with them! Been too busy enjoying myself! Oh dear!.











This a rather useful book and I can recommend it.




























Rather tasty dinner and easy to prepare - had to water it down for Mr P.
















This book was written by the Masterchef champion back in 1991. It feels very comforting to use this book knowing that when I retire I shall be living near Edinburgh where the author lives.





















Sorry no picture of finished flapjacks as they got eaten too quickly. Have made them twice.


































Got this book back in 2002 when we were living in Leeds.



























This was a quick easy dinner, using lots of leftovers.
















This is a brilliant cake book. The cupcakes are made differently from our British fairy cakes. They are much lighter and keep moist far longer.





















Have made these cakes many times and they always come out yummy and never ever any left to go stale!



Ooh this brings back memories of happy holidays in Brittany, eating galettes with Breton cider.




I cannot make them look as good as they do in France, but it was still tasty.

The other challenge is knitting my three baby blankies.



To make things a little harder - the observant of you will notice that I am making this one a little wider. So it is taking longer! But I am determined to get the three finished by the end of June. So I have set myself a timetable and I have calculated that I need to accomplish three colours a night!

56 books used. 71 books to go. 214 days to go to the end of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment