Monday 8 April 2013

Challenge Update

For the record have just mowed the lawn for the first time this year. It was so lovely to smell the scent of freshly mown grass.

Have managed to cook from three more cookery books over the weekend.






This is a rather nice book to look at with lots of recipes from all over the world. Think I found this book from a charity shop in Berwick.






















Opted for Mousse Au Chocolat. It was fairly easy to prepare, although I did struggle with the way the instruction were laid out.


Just put the yummy chocolate into one bowl as I was not too sure how rich it was going to be - therefore not sure what size dishes to use.









This is an ok book - not sure where it came from.
























I added pak choi as I felt the recipe is lacking in veggie troubles.


Loved the cashew nuts.






Again not sure where this book came from. I know many people rave about Nigel Slater, but I have not cooked much from his books.

























I gather from the supermarket that Riesling is either out of vogue or out of season as I had to pay relatively a lot for a bottle of this wine. But it was worth it.


36 books used. 91 books to go. 266 days to go to the end of the challenge.

In order to complete the challenge I need to use 2.5 books a week. Mmmm the 0.5 is a slight problem!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment