Sunday 3 February 2013

Even Later Posting

Just a quick post after a rather full weekend. Mr P is currently watching the super bowl and somehow has to stay awake till 2.30am - think this is rather unlikely given his current lying position on the settee!

Thought I'd show you my raspberry muffins - worth spending the money on these delightful fruits.


There's only a few left from the weekend - gave some to dad to take home.




Flowers still doing well. Yesterday our home felt so lovely and warm that I almost went out to the shops without my coat. But as soon as I got outside I realised that I was going to have to scrape the ice off the windscreen. Think the warmth, the sun shining and the flowers made me hopeful of warmer days.



















Tried a new recipe but it was from Nigella Lawson's "Kitchen" so can't claim this as part of my challenge. But I didn't like this dinner. I made it with the turkey mince and as soon as I opened the packaging I just knew I was not going to enjoy it. Even as I was cooking the turkey with all the sauce I could still smell the meat - yuk! Mr P found it too spicy! Not sure what I'm going to do with the leftovers. Probably not a good idea to feed it to the chickens!


The rice, coriander and peshwari naan bread was good.


Finally finished my first embroidery since I was probably a child. Mr P thinks my lace butterfly is rather dodgy and would likely fly in a circle! The seed stitching took me all night to complete. Mr P also said I looked like something from Jane Austen - sewing with a hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment