Monday 3 December 2012

Under Repair

I must be the worst/ignorant blogger going - I didn't realise that there was a limit as to how much stuff one can put on to a blog. So when I went to do my last posting it would not let me add any more pictures as I have used my quota! I was horrified and due to my wonderful mad weekend did not have time to read further. Now back I realise that I will have to use small web size pictures in order not to run out of space! So slowly I will have to go back through all my rantings and ramblings and change the picture size - so apologies if any of the pictures previously go out of order! Danger "me" at work!

 I have had the most amazing last few days - hard to know where to begin. But I'll start with last Thursday when some work colleagues and myself went out for a meal to "More" which was al right but the rice pudding was to die for - so yummy. But more importantly it was not to have the opportunity to spend time with them as we all work out in the community and do not often see each other. At the entrance to "More" was some fruit carving.





Not a good picture but I wanted you to see that it was a melon.



Someone must be so talented to do this.

We then went onto Dave's Comedy Club. Well I have never been to anything like this. There was a drunk heckler in the audience who was evicted within minutes of the acts starting - much to the cheer of everyone. There were several acts and then came on this sweet looking young girl but how wrong can looks be! She was very crude and after a while(well for me anyway) she ceased to be funny. It was so good to laugh and after what had been a very busy tiring week that was a great way to end it. Arrived home to greet my No.3 child - Mrs R. We both took Friday as a days holiday and spent it watching 3 nice murders, drinking copious tea, eating a delicious potato lunch and knitting. What a perfect day. Then at 6pm we left to drive to Birmingham airport to collect No.1 - Mrs E who had flown in from Northern Ireland. Then we drove to a small village outside of Shrewsbury to stay with my sister in her very fabulous home. She cooked us a divine stir fry with noodles, lashings of wine and a delicious crumble to finish with which was eaten around her huge circular open fire. I could feel myself sinking further and further down as the heat, wine and full belly took over. We drifted off to bed very late - all three girlies in one room! So exciting. Except we had no energy left to talk and were asleep within minutes.
Really sorry but I forgot to pack my camera so no pictures of Shrewsbury.
Saturday morning the dog, my sister and hubby all in the bedroom drinking tea and talking. This was so lovely - perhaps need to explain that I do not often see my sister. After a French breakfast us three girlies headed into Shrewsbury for a day of shopping. I just love the shops there and at Christmas time they seem so special. We bought lots of goodies between  us all. Then headed back to Leicestershire.
Sunday we, naturally, had to make a trip to Fabric Guild and then onto Queens Road Christmas Fayre. Twice a year they close the road and fill it up with craft stalls, musicians etc. So many people were there yesterday - such a great atmosphere. At church they opened the doors for warm drinks, cakes and a nativity scene where people can choose an outfit such as a Mary costume, shepherd etc dress up and sit in the scenery and take a photo. Oh some of the smaller children looked so cute. Oh the day flew by so quickly - fed the girlies some baked potatoes and then they were off to take Mrs E back t the airport.


Mrs E's shopping


Cute angel being sold at the craft fayre



We all bought one of these boats.








Mrs R's shopping. Sadly I cannot show you mine because I don't want people to see their Christmas presies!




No comments:

Post a Comment